Why On-Premise E-Business Suite Must Move to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, and How Lift and Shift Methodology is Ideal for It!
One of the essentials of running a successful business is to stay nimble. Otherwise, direct competitors are always striving to eat into market shares, and the start-up bandwagon is bringing in new sharks in the ocean every other day. Top business executives are paid a premium remuneration because they are masters of identifying and adopting new disruptions in their marketplace.
The disruption that is engulfing nearly every industry today is cloud computing. On-premise data centers served their purpose admirably for decades but the future belongs to the cloud. Some of the smartest business executives have already migrated their data processes and reaping the benefits offered by the cloud such as lower operational costs, easy scalability, optimized performance, and enhanced security.
Moreover, utilizing cloud technology opens a whole new avenue of innovation. Big Data analytics has proven its mettle in terms of identifying opportune areas of improvement hidden within routine tasks, and the cloud makes it easy.
Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) is among the top-rated integrated set of business applications for automating customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and supply chain management (SCM) processes within an organization. However, continue running EBS on-premise leaves an organization undernourished from the aforementioned benefits of the cloud. Some of the other drivers of Oracle EBS migration to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) are:
- Hardware refresh in an aging infrastructure,
- Need for the agility to improve time to market,
- Compliance with data security legislations such as HIPAA and GDPR.
If done correctly in consultation with experts like Infolob, migrating on-premise EBS to OCI is quick, and Lift and Shift methodology does the trick!
On-Premise EBS Lift and Shift Migration to OCI
Conserving customizations is a common concern of clients contemplating cloud migration of their Oracle EBS. Thankfully, lift and shift migration methodology opens a gateway to OCI while keeping all existing applications and supporting environments intact. During as well as after the completion of the migration, everything works exactly the same it did before, with the only difference being overcoming the need for an in-house data center.
Following four steps simplify the EBS lift and shift migration to OCI roadmap:
- Creating a skeleton of the existing architecture – the experts outline all environments, evaluate the databases, and take notes on current customization and apps. This skeleton then allows them to grasp as much about the present-day processes as possible. Organizations are urged to answer all questions thoroughly for best results.
- Examining ongoing workloads and making suggestions – this is a crucial step wherein the Lift and Shift migration experts make recommendations based on questions fielded in the first step. Experts will identify the customizations and applications that are currently not yielding the desired benefits. If done expertly, the system architecture can be significantly trimmed down, which means optimized performance and lower operating expenses.
- The new architecture is proposed – this step incorporates exhibition of the new cloud EBS architecture, comprehensive assessment of the total investment, and calculation of a timeframe for the return of investment (ROI). The ownership of the new, on-cloud architecture invariably results in higher ROI for organizations when compared with on-premise solutions.
- Project timeline – Oracle EBS cloud migration experts by now have enough information on the requirement to determine a timeline of completing the work, within the promised total project cost. Generally, a migration process takes three months to nine months, depending on the size of EBS workloads and their complexities.
To stay ahead in an ever-evolving competition, identification and adoption of disruptive technologies are essential for organizations. Oracle E-Business Suite has served an admirable purpose on-premise but running it on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure has several merits, and the Lift and Shift migration methodology is ideal to achieve the same.